cheap makeup

cheap makeup online official retail

Sunday, May 5, 2013

How Do Ya Like Your Liner?

I’ve been mulling this over since a long chat I had with a makeup artist friend who mentioned that whenever she does someone’s makeup, they usually have very, very strong opinions about how they like their eyeliner to look. Hmm… Am I that way, too? I like to think I’m pretty open about trying different things, but I don’t know. I guess it depends on my overall look. I’m not averse to any particular formulas, like I’ll wear pencils, gels, creams or liquids, and I’ll line my lash lines, water lines or sometimes both. I went through a phase in the ’90s where I’d only line my upper lash and water lines, mostly because I hadn’t yet discovered the trick of setting my liner with eye shadow or powder, so it would always smudge all over the place, and I’d end up looking like a deranged forest sprite. Once I figured out layering, it was on! And nowadays I’ll line my lower lash line, too, sometimes even just by itself. Give it a try one of these days with a bright color, like a teal or purple, for a cool, minimalist effect with bare lids and tons of mascara. Smudgy or crisp lines? Yes and yes! Cat eyes, smokey eyes, it’s all good. One big no-no for me has to be droopy liner, where instead of your liner lifting up at the flick like in these pics here, it slopes down. I just can’t. I dunno, I feel like it makes me look like one of my mom’s sad porcelain dolls… So let’s talk liner!

No comments:

Post a Comment